Media literacy training for vos
Join the next Media Literacy Training Course offered by SOS Malta
SOS Malta is offering a Media Literacy Training Course to all VOs on two topics that VOs themselves feel the need to learn in more details.
Dates: June 14th and June 15th
Venue: MCVS Centre, Valletta or Online
Session 1: Getting my message across
- How do I get my message across
- How to build a narrative that works
- The use of story-telling to move your cause
- Which material works best for news, social media
- Choosing the right platform
- Creating a media strategy with no or limited budget.
Session 2: Navigating the Maltese media landscape
- Understanding the media landscape in Malta
- Sending a press call/press release.
- How to amplify your presence in the local media landscape.
- Which stories take prominence, and which do not make it to the news
- Why is the press not publishing my press releases.
- Dealing with journalists.
- What do I do when someone publishes something about my ngo that is not true?
- Ethics of sharing stories online.
- Fact-checking and open-sources for info and truth checking.
Please register here to confirm your attendance. To get the most out of the training, attendance in person is recommend. However, the course will also be delivered online.
The course has been designed and will be given by former journalist, writer and NGO communications coordinator Gabriel Schembri.
This training is part of the Citizens Lab project funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA Grants and Norway Grants.
The project is implemented by SOS Malta.