Jul 13, 2023
Award in NGO Management
Scholarships opportunity for Award in NGO Management! The programme is accredited by the MFHEA at EQF/MQF 10 ECTS Level 5.
The Award in NGO Management is an online programme designed to assist Voluntary Organisation officers and staff in meeting the challenges of managing an organisation. It aims at improving their capacity to increase their social impact, achieve their goals, and be sustainable over time. The programme provides details of core concepts and theories that apply and most importantly, it offers a pragmatic perspective for their implementation within the NGO environment.
The programme includes five modules:
- Award in Meeting Key NGO Challenges (NGO Management)
- Award in Fundamentals of Management (NGO Management)
- Award in Fundamentals of Campaigning and Marketing (NGO Management)
- Award in Fundamentals of Human Resources Management (NGO Management)
- Award in Fundamentals of Financial Management(NGO Management)
The Award in NGO Management is an online accredited programme designed to assist Voluntary Organisation officers and staff in meeting the challenges of managing a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO). It seeks to provide in a concise format the knowledge and know-how to assist them in strengthening their skills and competencies. This programme will enable NGOs to upskill and develop their management capacity, to increase their social impact, achieve their goals, and be sustainable over time.
Target Audience – 19-30 / 31-65 / 65+
Language of Instruction: English
- EQF/MQF Level 4 or equivalent certificate
- Students whose first language is not English and whose previous qualifications were in a language other than English will have to produce evidence of IELTS level 5 results, or equivalent
- Basic IT literacy in using Microsoft packages
Note: Prospective students over the age of 25 can apply without a level 4 diploma as long as they provide evidence in a CV and a work reference that they can make up for it through relevant VO/NGO work experience (at least 2 years’ experience, full-time/4 years part-time in a relevant VO/NGO ).
Teaching & Learning (Online): www.aea.academy (https://elearn.aea.academy/eblearn/)
- Assignment / Case-Study – 1 (Contributes towards 50% of the module)
- Forum Discussions – 2 (Contributes towards 30% of the module)
- Tutorial Participation – 2 tutorial sessions (Contributes towards 20% of the module)
Participants need to achieve an aggregate of 50% marks from the assessment activities to pass the individual modules. Pass marks (50% or above) in all 5 modules is mandatory for the successful completion of Award in NGO Management (10 ECTS) programme.
Learning Outcomes for Knowledge obtained at the end of the programme
The learner will be able to:
- Describe the structure and operations of the office of the commissioner of Voluntary organisations in Malta or Describe the structure and operations of the Office of the Commissioner of Citizens in Cyprus.
- Plan Grant proposals for NGO organisations.
- Plan for Fundraising activities.
- Match ICT tools available on the market to NGO
- Plan the resources available within the NGO.
- Plan the tasks such as planning function, planning models and planning horizons.
- Define the basic principles of control in an organisation.
- Plan the risk control process within the organisation.
- Plan the development and implementation of a project.
- Plan a customer-centric approach, where the customer is the beneficiary/beneficiaries of the NGO.
- Plan tasks such as analysing data, interpreting data and presenting data in primary and secondary research.
Next Intake: September 2023 – Registrations Open
To register kindly fill in this form