Animal Guardians Malta
Working to be the voice for animal rights
Animal Guardians Malta shall work with the Government and other NGO’s and Bodies, both locally and Internationally, in the interest of All Animals, and shall be the Voice of Animals against Abuse & Cruelty.
Animal Guardians Malta has the following Objectives:
- To provide support and information for the general public through Local Councils and the Animal Welfare Department.
- To Educate the General Public and Students about Animals’ Rights and the Five Freedoms of Animal Welfare.
- To seek and promote, on a National level, the participation of the Organisation.
- To work in co-ordination with other animal NGO’s locally and abroad and to be affiliated in both.
They Believe that Each Animal has the Right to the Five Freedoms of Animal Welfare .
- Freedom from hunger or thirst by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour.
- Freedom from discomfort by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area
- Freedom from pain, injury or disease by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment
- Freedom to express normal behaviour by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind
- Freedom from fear and distress by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering