Eco Market Malta
Eco Market Malta is a group of individuals that came together through their love for nature, the environment, and the well being of the planet. They want to see the rise of a mindful community of thoughtful citizens that care about the planet.
Their Mission is to support and empower environmentally responsible business owners with innovative and creative solutions, thus collectively, positively impact the world around us.
They are committed to safeguard the environment. The planet is the most precious resource that we have. It is also the source of all life – without it, we would cease to exist. By making small changes and embracing sustainable practices, we can all help to safeguard our own quality of life and ensure a liveable planet for future generations. They regularly organise tree-planting and clean-up activities.
Malta is home to an abundance of talented artisans, small businesses and social enterprises that produce eco-friendly, zero-waste and sustainable alternatives. They support local small green businesses and want to help them grow and thrive.
Creating an active community around the common goal of saving the planet is an important part of what we do. Eco Market Malta supports dialogue that facilitates new ideas and approaches, interactions and innovations in the field of sustainability. They provide the space for like-minded people to meet, connect and share. They believe that together, as a community, we can grow and achieve a lot.
They hope that their work will inspire other businesses to take their Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility to the next level. There are a myriad of benefits for businesses to adopt sustainable practices in their policies or overall strategy. What’s good for the planet is also good for business.
Volunteer at Eco Festival 2023
Eco Market – a not-for-profit activity – is currently looking for volunteers to join them for their Eco Festival, between 16th and 18th June at the Upper Barrakka Gardens, Valletta.
The volunteers are needed for the following dates and tasks:
- From Saturday 10th June to Sunday 18th June, 2-4 volunteers to give out festival flyers at the entrance of Valletta and near Upper Barrakka Gardens, where the festival will be held.
- Thursday 15 June, 2-4 volunteers to help with set up and decorating the venue (during the day)
- Friday 16th, Saturday 17th, and Sunday 18th (festival dates) - all day
- 2-4 volunteers to help with set up early morning (7am-10am)
- 2 volunteers to help out with the workshop area (10am-2pm and 5pm to midnight)
- 2 volunteers to help with directing people (10am-2pm and 5pm to midnight)
- 2-4 volunteers to help vendors with packing (11.30pm - 1am)
- Monday 19th June, 2-4 volunteers to help dismantling the venue (early morning 7am-11am)
For anyone interested in taking part as a volunteer, please contact Zen D’Amato Gautam - Founder Eco Market Malta at email@example.com or 99257337.