Social and community advancements
NWAMI International Malta
NWAMI International Malta stands for Networking for World Awareness of Multicultural Integration, and work to bring more understanding about multicultural integration within and between communities; foster community cohesion and cross-sector collaboration.
Although they work closely together with NWAMI UK, such as by contributing to the South Asian Heritage Month, or sending speakers to panel discussions on issues involving the Commonwealth and social justice issues, their organisations have a different structure and are independently governed.
The acronym 'NWAMI' stands for networking for world awareness of multicultural integration. The purpose of their organisation rests on 4 pillars:
- Supporting cross-sector collaboration through networking activities for the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals;
- Fostering community cohesion through hands-on community engagement activities, involving for example art and drama and global cuisine cookery events;
- Addressing complexities involving multicultural integration and its impact on growth and on stability. Through their regular Culture Café meetings they introduce Maltese culture customs and traditions to their Non-Maltese visitors and residents and in turn introduce the culture, customs and traditions of their non-Maltese communities.
- Raising awareness of the relationship between social cohesion and environmental resilience.
At NIM they believe that addressing issues of multicultural integration within and between individuals and communities is an essential step towards inclusion and towards improving people's quality of life. They do this through cultural immersion, and community based projects, such as their VOPS Youth project 'Together We Strive: Creating a Sustainable Environment Free From Barriers That Divide', and the Active Citizens Fund Joint Project 'Moving Beyond the Single Story: Combating Social Exclusion through Media Literacy and Critical Thinking which operates under the acronym SMITE.
Volunteer with NWAMI
NWAMI International Malta are looking for volunteers in various capacities. Please see below for more details.
- Media and Communications Volunteer: Develop engaging content for NWAMI International Malta's social media platforms.
- Initiative Creation and Organization Volunteer: Assist in planning and organizing events, workshops, and initiatives.
- Secretarial Support Volunteer: Reporting and documentation of activities
If interested, please contact Samira Jamil at email@example.com