Social and community advancements
Affiliated with YMCA Europe and World Alliance of YMCAs, YMCA Malta was founded in 1976 and is an NGO, non-profit, voluntary and ecumenical movement seeking to promote the vision of building a just society while working mainly with homelessness and youth.
The YMCA in Malta forms part of an international movement which is present in 120 countries.
YMCA Malta is a non-profit voluntary organisation seeking to promote the vision to build a more just society. Its mission includes working amongst and empowering young people and providing services to the most needy members of the community. YMCA Malta's objectives and goals are to perform mainly as a Social Work services agency, a Youth Work agency and a Housing Association.
YMCA Malta reaches its mission through four pillars, these being Residential Services, Youth Empowerment, Wellbeing and Social Business. Keeping these in mind, it aims to:
- Support the positive development of youths as a preventive measure, and intervene by offering a spectrum of social work services to underprivileged or socially disadvantaged individuals. The specialisation in this regard is the support, assistance and reintegration of the homeless in Malta.
- Promote a programme of activities designed to foster young and older people's spiritual, intellectual, social and physical well-being.
- Seek to help all people, irrespective of their mental and physical abilities, without discrimination to sex, religion, nationality, race or political affiliation.
- Seek to develop and strengthen links and recognition from the state and church authorities and other private, public, and corporate entities in Malta.
- Take an active part in cultural, environmental, artistic, musical, audio-visual and other activities.
- Perform mainly as a Social Work Services Agency, a Youth Work Agency, a Housing Association and any other role as may be decided at our Annual General Meeting
There are multiple ways in which you can support YMCA Malta. Find out more here.
YMCA Malta was also a Changemakers semi-finalist where they pitched their initiative Antik.
As an island, Malta’s environmental impact is of particular concern and this is why YMCA Malta wants to create an online shop, ANTIK, in order to recirculate inactive clothes, furniture and other items. This enterprise would allow people to market their inactive clothes and other items to the populations living in Malta and would also be of benefit to the marginalised, economically challenged or impoverished people.
For more information on how to support this initiative financially and help them reach their target, visit their crowdfunding page here.
Volunteer with ymca
Help YMCA and volunteer to help them in the incredible work they do with youths and people experiencing homelessness in Malta.
As a nonprofit and voluntary organisation, YMCA Malta keeps striving to promote a vision of a more just society while supporting the positive development of youths as preventive measures and offering a spectrum of social work services to individuals who are underprivileged or socially disadvantaged. Nevertheless, the support, assistance, and reintegration of those experiencing homelessness in Malta is the main concern of the NGO.
YMCA is made up of 8 departments;
- Community and Aftercare,
- Research, and
- Social Entrepreneurship.
Their NGO is growing and they need your support!
Register and show your support here!
Support dar simon soler
How can you be part of YMCA Malta's success and support Dar Simon Soler?
- Start donating now: their telephone lines are open, and you can donate by calling on 51702068 (€15), 51802007 (€25), and on 51902073 (€50)
- Donate during their fundraising marathon: this will be aired live on TVM and other channels on Sunday 30th July 2023 from 11am to 11pm. Any contributions made to YMCA Malta will be publicly announced during the marathon. Business/organisation logos will be displayed during the live broadcast, and the presenter will announce the sum. YMCA Malta also encourages all who donate to attend and present their donation love on air on the day
- Sponsor a room: A bedroom (€4,000), a bathroom (€2,000), or a kitchen (€9,000). For every room sponsorship, a plaque with your name/company's/organisation's name will be placed in the room
- Share this information: with your family, colleagues, friends, or other contacts who can positively impact YMCA Malta's service users' lives.
You can also donate throu BOV Mobile Pay by donating to 79550065. No matter how big or small you donation is, it will make an impact.
Team Building for YMCA Residential Department
YMCA Malta are looking to support their dedicated residential staff - which is a team of 12-15 people - with a fun team building activity, helping them to spend time together outside the work setting.
The residential team oversees over 50 residents in three residential facilities at any given time. Due to having interns and different staff on different shifts, it is very rare to have the whole team together, which is why YMCA are seeking such an activity.
They are open to an activity of any duration, preferably in September or October.
Please contact Nicola Falzon directly.