Mar 8, 2023
Mar 8, 2023
The for impact event to welcome international speakers and tackle an array of topics!
The for impact event to welcome international speakers and tackle an array of topics! Check out this article to get insight in the main speakers and workshops at the For Impact Event and Fair!
The Academy of Givers will be hosting the 2nd edition of the For Impact Event & Fair on the 28th of March 2023 at Salini Resort. A great opportunity to learn more about sustainability, purpose and corporate responsibility.While networking with social and environmental initiatives at the Impact Fair.
We’re excited to announce the below speakers:
Will Gardner, Co-Founder Motive will be kicking off the conference with a speech on purpose-driven business and whether this is the way forward. An experienced strategist, marketer and change leader, Will Gardner supports leaders in making their businesses Purpose- and Values-driven, from the inside out. He believes Purposeful business is the key to unleash the full potential of employees, customers, and partners to do extraordinary things for people, planet and profit. It takes logic and magic to do it brilliantly: the logic of a well-crafted strategy and disciplined execution; the magic of compelling storytelling to draw people in and inspire them to action.
will be kicking off the conference with a speech on purpose-driven business and whether this is the way forward. An experienced strategist, marketer and change leader. Will developed his passion for Purposeful Business when he led the co-creation and rollout of Unilever's ‘Crafting Brands for Life’ Way of Marketing - inspiring and equipping Unilever’s global community of 6,000marketers to put social Purpose at the heart of the company’s brands. Will Gardner supports leaders in making their businesses Purpose- and Values-driven,from the inside out. He believes Purposeful business is the key to unleash the full potential of employees, customers, and partners to do extraordinary things for people, planet and profit.
Find out more about Will Gardner here.
Partner and co-Head of ESG at FGS Global, Miles Webber will be tackling the topic of ESG and Navigating Headwinds, while also looking at the ‘S’ in ESG. Miles, also founded Baytree Advisors and worked for UK’s largest listed commercial property company, Landsec, where he was Group Corporate Affairs & Sustainability Director.
To find out more about Miles click here.
A panel discussion with Maltese leaders in the fields of ESG, Sustainability, Social Impact and Voluntary Organisations will also be held in the morning to help us understand the Maltese context around Impact. The panel includes:
- David Xuereb, Chairman of (MCESD) and the Malta ESG Alliance (MESGA).
- Kerry Hermitage, Senior Manager, Fondazzjoni Sebh
- Jesmond Saliba, Commissioner of Voluntary Organisations
- Jeremy Vassallo, CSR Manager, APS Bank
- Prof Tanya Sammut-Bonnici, Chairperson Melita Foundation and Pro-Rector for Strategic Planning and Enterprise at the University of Malta
A number of workshops shall also be taking place whereby a variety of topics will be tackled.
· A workshop on the Triple Win Approach, an approach that makes sustainable business the existence, growth and innovation model of the future, will also be held. This will be led by Muriel Arts, CEO and Founder of impacting.today, a consulting and management firm specialising in sustainability for agri-food-horticulture business and brands. She is a specialist and thought leader in sustainability strategies, double materiality, footprint and impact measurement, commercialization, large impact change journeys and operational management. Find out more about Muriel here.
· Will Gardner, Co-Founder Motive and Mandy Calleja, GO p.l.c will be leading a hands-on workshop focusing on developing purpose-driven business to better understand the connection between profit and purpose.
· Melanie and Alex Vella will be leading an interactive workshop whereby they will be mapping out the impact sector in Malta, giving participants a better understanding of who’s who and what’s what in the sector. Melanie is an environmental and social impact solutionist. Motivated by working with companies, NGOs and other stakeholders to determine how to collaborate to create a more sustainable, low carbon and prosperous future. Alex is a Regulatory and Risk Management consultant and economist that academically specialised in financial economics and asset pricing. He started the career focusing mostly on academia and applied macroeconomics followed by a fast-paced ascent into the Investment sector, holding several positions in Trading, Portfolio Management, Investment Committee and Risk Management Positions. Find out more about Melanie here and Alex here.
· Jessica Rees-Jones will be leading a workshop on giving effectively, which will focus on choosing the right fit. The workshop will provide participants with an insight and a better understanding on 'fit for purpose' giving and learning what is a good cause and organisation for your giving. This workshop will be facilitated by Jessica Rees-Jones, Founder Africa X Academy and Foundation who has over 25 years’ experience in Business Development with a focus on Sustainability. To find out more about Jessica click here.
· Dr Roberta Lepre, Managing Director of Weave Consulting will be discussing the different entities of impact, with a focus on Social Enterprises(SE) and what it means to be a SE in Malta. Roberta has acquired substantial experience in the social sector in Malta, having served on public bodies as well as in the non-profit sector, including the Guardian for Future Generations. More information on Roberta can be found here.
Don’t miss out on these exciting talks and workshops. Get your tickets from showshappening.