Jan 10, 2023
2022 that’s a wrap!
From new members to monthly meetings, workshops and our first For Impact Event, 2022 has surely been eventful!
2022 brought with it a number of exciting milestones for the Academy, and we’re grateful for all those who have been involved along the way.
The Academy aims to create a community of givers to improve philanthropic and corporate responsibility efforts, by providing a platform for individuals and companies to come together, learn, share, be recognised and inspired. A lot has happened in 2022 which has surely contributed towards this; and here’s what went down.
Our first Annual Conference and Impact Fair was held on the 27th June 2022, which brought different sectors together as a catalyst for social impact. From inspiring local and international speakers, interesting discussions and over 50 social purpose organisations exhibiting their work and impact it was a great way to launch the Academy.
This year’s conference will be held on the 28thMarch 2023.
Following the event, the Committee was appointed to lead the direction and develop the Academy, a great start to what we hope will be Malta’s national platform for Givers, with the Committee being made up of a number of individuals all providing valuable and distinct perspectives, these being:
- Mark Weingard – Inspirasia Foundation
- Sarah Carbonaro – Gasan Foundation
- Nathan Farrugia – Vistage Malta
- Dr Sabine Cabourdin - FIDEM Charity Foundation
- Mandy Calleja – GO p.l.c
- Steve Cassar – FoundunFound
- Julian Dingli – CORE Malta
- Dr Roberta Lepre – Weave Consulting
- Claudia Taylor East – SOS Malta
Apart from our Committee, 2022 also brought us a number of new members who bring to the Academy their own insights and expertise, creating a community for businesses and philanthropists to maximise their impact, namely:
The success of the association lies in its members, so if you’re interested in joining visit our website or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
From hosting our first For Impact Event to organising monthly events tackling the Academy’s next steps as well as the below topics:
- 27th June For Impact Event which brought different sectors together as a catalyst for social impact
- 27th September 1stCommittee & Members’ Meeting
- 18th October Members’ Meeting on Giving & Giving Well, with the sharing of best practices and practical tools
- 16th November Voluntary Organisation workshop on Financial Literacy, covering the positive impact of financial literacy on NGOs within the current financial landscape and the role of NGOs in financial literacy
- 22nd November Members’ Meeting on ESG, led by Dr Roberta Lepre from Weave Consulting, discussing why is ESG important and why companies should be approaching it
2023 will see more monthly members meetings covering topics around Employee Engagement, Impact Measurements, Green Economy and more.
We have a number of interesting things planned for 2023 and we can’t wait; so keep up to date with all that we have planned for this coming year by keeping an eye on our website as well as our Facebook page! Become a member today to benefit from all these opportunities and more.